New year resolutions were trendy last week, I like to be fashionably late at parties… I wont set ambitious goals for 2013, like winning an Olympic gold medal, or having sex with Twin Swedish super-models. I’ll go for small manageable goals for those first 3 months:
- January: Give a talk. I’ll have to do it for work, so it should be ‘easy’.
- February: Go watch a stand-up comedy. I’m planning to see Maria Bamford at the Comedy Mix.
- March: Get a new laptop, and use FreeBSD on it for at least 1 month. I think I’ll get a Lenovo Thinkpad T430u.
Ideas for the rest of the year (1 per month):
- Get a Powerball, use it every day and write my score down. Then create charts with the data, and brag about it.
- Learn Racket & write a smallish (~1000 lines) program in it. Maybe an RFC 3339 parser?
- Play roller hockey for 1 hour or more at least 15 times
- Buy a green biscuit, practice stick-handling with it for 15 minutes 5 times a week
- I bough Super dungeon explore last summer, I need to assemble and paint the miniatures. I may not be able to do this in a single month though…